June 21st, 2023 6:00 – 8:00 PM
How to work with our client’s mind and body through the Window of Tolerance.
In this 2-hour beginner/ intermediate level training, participants will learn the signs and impact of trauma, complex trauma and toxic stress in a developing brain and nervous system. Participants will explore how to effectively work with trauma responses in their clients and help clients stay in their window of tolerance with effective, practical techniques they can begin to use immediately. This webinar is psychoeducation based on practical, somatic interventions to utilize with clients to feel confident in working with severe emotional regulation and give participants tools outside of “traditional talk therapy” interventions.
By participating in this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Understand and identify the definition of acute, complex and developmental trauma.
2. Develop an awareness of the impact of trauma, toxic stress and adversity on the developing brain and nervous system.
3. Gain knowledge of the biochemical reactions that happen within the body that lead to mood, behaviour and emotion change.
4. Will comprehend the “Window of Tolerance” and how this affects our clients.
5. Gain practical, applicable and ready to use interventions for staying in the “Window of Tolerance”
Our Presenter – Bianca Stefina CYCP, BA, RSSW, CCTSI, CCISA
Domain of Practice: Developmental Practice Methods